Friday, March 13, 2015

Hausfrau Speaks-1000 Things/Part 2-Daytona Bike Week

Dear Jodi: for your further edification, today's article is a pictorial!

Daytona Beach Bike Week, also called Daytona Bike Week, is a motorcycle event and rally held annually in Daytona BeachFlorida. Approximately 500,000 people make their way to the rally area for the 10-day event. The festivities include motorcycle racing, beauty contests, concerts, tons of parties, and street festivals. The event is usually held on the first full week of March and contends with the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally as the most popular motorcycle rally in the United States.  (Oh, and should I mention, ALCOHOL? And hot guys and hotter motor cycles?)

Boy, this is one event that you would have loved to attend!  No singing...but being the exhibitionist you are...I just KNOW you would have LOVED sharing your $300 boob job to everyone!  Bike week is like a nationwide slut convention! (But that's ok, you only "dabbled" in Mormonism, and I think that little "murder" thing probably sent you to Hell anyway, so, no big "whoop" if you know what I mean!)

You know, I MUST ask...are you REALLY sure that you did the right thing now?  If you had just turned and walked away....

Well, enjoy the photos!  I'll be back next time with something I'm SURE you will enjoy!


















 
















8 comments:

  1. Ok Mama......glad your eye is better. Now I have one question: Which of the women in the photos is YOU? I think it is the first one with your 'thong' on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, THATS me, alrighty! Bike Week would have been just the place for Inmate 458434! Lots of inebriated people walking around, laying the gutters and on the beach, riding motor-sickles! Lots of PDA, it's like joining the "mile high a Club" Bragging rights go to the most public display! (I imagine in THAT case, two minutes never seemed so long before!

    I'm on the way to Fic in a few minutes; he's going to remove my pirate patch! (AAARRRRGGGG!! Avast ye maters!). I'll update a bit later!

    Thanks for the note!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DON'T know the eye patch! All GOOD pirates wear them. They are not only an identifier.....but a fashion statement ! Dar Ya Go !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, things have improved without the eye patch! I had forgotten that blue was SO BLUE! And now, I've got vertigo, because BOTH EYES now have the same focal distance!

      Doctor says the cornea looks good...one more day on the sofa! The bubble of air hasn't dissipated yet...but, it all looks good! Hey, I can see the giant E without glasses! Yea!

      I'm gonna be prepared for the left eye...I'm planning on putting SEQUINS on my NEXT ONE,

      Delete
  4. Bike Week is wild! It definitely gives Sturgis a run for its money. I was a pretty crazy young thing when I lived near there and I only went once because it was just too outta control. Back then, though, the Outlaw gang was riding strong in Florida and they lived up to their names -- best to be avoided! I think the gang is now a mere shadow of its former self, but they struck fear in the lives of many back in the 80s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was invited to go to bike week when I first got here...I didn't know anything about it...so I followed some new friends and when we got there...I realized why I had been invited...both the other COUPLES took off on their TWO BIKES...while I set up MY RV...to accommodate the five of us...if the phrase "fifth wheel" comes yo mind...you are on track......it's really hard to get into trouble if you just sit and wait for everyone to come back.......(even when I was young...I was OLD and gullible!)

      Delete
    2. Now that's just not fair! Bet you never went anywhere with them again!

      Delete
  5. Well, let's put it this way...(the PollyAnna within me DIDNT want to believe that people would be like that....but...) the "friendships" kinda "dissolved" after I sold my RV...I guess that I really wasn't surprised and I suspected that would happen...

    Gramma used to tell me if you allow yourself to become bitter, you might cut yourself off from nurturing true friends... So I have learned to be a little more cautious...as a result, I have learned to develop fewer friends, but deeper (true) friendships based on similar personalties, shared interests and/or common goals.

    Everyone has to learn that lesson eventually...I just learned it later than most people do. "Say Lovey" (C'est la vie!)

    ReplyDelete