Friday, February 27, 2015

Hausfrau Speaks-Introduction

It's impossible to consider for even a moment, sitting in a 6 x 10 cell, waiting for 12 people to decide my fate.  They alone are deciding if I deserve to live or I deserve to die.  It's inconcievable that I would ever act in ANY way, even in self defense, that I would take another person's life.  Yet, that is exactly where Jodi Arias finds herself.

Most, if not all of you, have kept abreast of the guilt phase of the trial, and the majority have been reading about the sentencing phase, so, unlike other writers, bloggers, or self-proclaimed journalists, I won't begin this article with a recap of events from the beginning.  In my not so drunken opinion, doing so only fills up the page in an attempt to impress your boss with how much space you were able to fill this week, or impress readers with how well you are informed, when, in fact, all the writer did was selectively "cut and paste" every blog post you've written since this heinous crime was committed.  While your boss may be impressed enough to sign your check this month, your readers aren't, and they actually skip the first half of whatever you've produced this week, and get down to "what's new".  My criticism is not pointed at any one person, this tactic, I suppose, is part of Journalism 101, which, by the way, I never took.  

I'm not a journalist, never wanted to be and I don't see my goal changing.  I comment on things that
interest me, I write my OPINION, which I've formulated by gathering facts.  As a former accountant,
I have discovered that FACTS, like STATISTICS, can be manipulated to indicate whatever you WANT them to!  

Before I start my rant on Jodi Arias, I want to answer YOUR first question:  "Why should I waste MY valuable time reading YOUR drivel?"  Yes, there ARE hundreds if blogs, websites, and groups that are discussing the Arias trial.  Some of them, I am sure, are very good.  some require a $5-6 monthly payment to access their information and opinion.  I do not.  There is nothing WRONG with charging access fees to a web-blog, after all, it IS their hard work and effort getting the facts to report.  But, BlogSpot is free to me, I am not a professional commentator, and, honestly, I do not need the money.  Secondly, I am not an attorney (nor do I play one on TV), I am not paid by the word, the comments or unique hits to this blog.  While there may be advertising on this page, it is there by the effort of BlogSpot, I am not compensated in any way to rant my opinion and viewpoint.

Lastly, I am just like you, dear reader.  My own personal experiences have shaped my viewpoint.  I'm just an "average American", raised with mid-western values, morals and ethics.  I am retired now, but just like you, I worked hard for what little I have, I struggled to raise my Son, and I'm proud that my son, as an adult has "a good head on his shoulders", I'm proud of the man he has become.  

As I post each blog, I welcome your comments, even differing points of view.  I will not moderate comments, with the exception of comments which demean me or others.  I do not condone the nasty, hateful comments on Twitter and other blogs, some passed off as "parody" or "satire".  It is not funny, it is not entertaining.  Not only is it unnessessary, but it is juvenile.  It is hateful. And I refuse to participate in the free-for-all!  

9 comments:

  1. Well hello there! I will be visiting often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you are here, Truly! You are one of the special friends I've found...I'm grateful for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I am grateful for yours! Good friends just don't grow on trees, they are carefully watered and nurtured and you are so good at that!

      Delete
    2. You are so kind to say that! I asked my favorite cousin not too long ago..."do you remember when we were kids how mortified we were to "be from Iowa"? Now that you are older, do you find its different now? Aren't you glad that you grew up with morals, ethics and "mid-western values? That life has been "easier" because of the "foundation"!

      I don't know where the Arias Family Bush is from...but there is something lacking. It would take wild horses to keep me from testifying FOR my child! I'm wondering if Juan was going to smack her with tring to sell those forged copies of Travis "confessing to being a Pedo" to the national Enquirer?

      Delete
    3. I am happy that I grew up on a cattle ranch, worked hard and made my own way. It was a tough life, but I didn't know it until later - it was normal to me! Regarding the Arias family -- it's one thing to show up but not speak up (perjury always looming I'm sure) but it's another to KNOW the truth and show up in court with DV ribbons on! What an upside down world they must live in! I had forgotten about those letters her mother (or was it the aunt) tried to peddle for her -- she should have faced charges for that!

      Delete
  3. Welcome, Carmen!!! Glad to see YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carmen! Always good to see you!

    ReplyDelete